Sunday, May 22, 2011

The best place to start is at the beginning.

Hello and welcome to training journal for my first 1/2 marathon.

I've been toying with the idea of this 1/2 for over a year now. The race is held in my home town and I've got T-Shirts from multiple years of the marathon. I feel like a poser when I go for jog wearing one and often thought about doing the 8K. When I mentioned this crazy notion to a friend of mine who ran competitively in high school and college she convinced me that it wasn't completely crazy and said she wanted to run it with me. All it took was a little peer pressure! I started running again last week (I'm really an on-again-off-again jogger) and logged 10 miles this week. My friend and I paid our registration fees this week and now we are really committed.

This is probably crazy, but theres no turning back now.

No comments:

Post a Comment